Friday, August 3, 2012

pics from renegade

last weekend at Renegade Craft Fair was tons of fun. a bit too hot for my liking, but fun. my niece, Leah, accompanied me both days, and i was so grateful for her help! it was a bit difficult for two girls who definitely fall in the smaller size-category to set up a tent with all the works, but, with numerous sweaty, panting trips to and from the car, we managed to haul everything to my booth space and got it set up and decorated to our liking with plenty of time to spare before the crowds started flowing in.

and man, were there crowds! we chatted with some awesome people, both vendors and shoppers, and i got to do a little shopping myself while Leah manned the booth. i finally got to purchase a few items from the lovely Sara of Sweet Siren Designs, which i have been lusting after for quite a while. i also met Drew Morrison, a very talented illustrator who, it turns out, was a senior at Pratt when i was a freshman. i bought a great print from him for my boyfriend, thought it is residing at my house for the time being : ). also, if you ever get the opportunity, i highly recommend waffles sundaes from the Crispy Truck. you won't be disappointed.

all in all, it was a great show. load out was quite an ordeal, and i came away with a good few bruises and a very sore back to prove it. and, sadly, i lost a very specially ring when packing up. i still have major intentions to go back and search for it, just trying to find out where i can rent a metal detector. if anyone knows, please tell me!

as a final note, many, many thanks to Leah for going above and beyond, to Shannon for running my Crafted stall while i was at Renegade, and to everyone who came by my booth at the fair (and especially to those who bought something, signed up for my mailing list, or simply had a smile and a few kind words to say).

front view

side view with Leah!









my sunburn from day 1. didn't stop me from wearing a strapless jumpsuit the next day!

a last-minute visitor at the end of day 2. he was upset that i only carried women's tee-shirts.




No comments:

Post a Comment